JONAH is committed to leadership development leaders in the Chippewa Valley. We believe EVERYONE is a potential leader. Leaders build community and inspire others. JONAH exists to deepen relationships within and among faith communities and to empower people in addressing the root causes of poverty and injustice in the greater community.
JONAH offers local and national leadership education opportunities.
- Our trainers are trained by the Gamaliel Foundation.
- Using tools from our training is how we make social change.
JONAH 2021 Training Schedule
(Due to COVID-19 all our trainings have switched to virtual)
February 15 – New Member Training! 6-8pm. Back by popular demand, come learn everything there is to know about what the heck JONAH is and how you might fit in. This year’s is geared towards newer task force members and congregations, but is open to ALL. FREE.
– if you missed this training contact email@example.com for the video!
March 21-26, 2021 – National Leadership Training (Gamaliel Weeklong), Virtual $250. CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1 to attend!
April-May – Leadership Training Series: Introduction to Community Organizing. In this series, in partnership with WISDOM, you will learn about Self-Interest, Attitudes and Disciplines of Organizing, 1-on-1s, Building Teams, Issues and Actions, Effective Meetings, Evaluation-Reflection and Inclusion. Everyone has the potential to be a great leader and make change in their community! Stay tuned for Registration information. April 21 and 28, May 6, 13 and 20 from 5-6:30pm.
June – Implicit Bias Training. TBA
August – Yearbook Sales Training
September – Advanced Leadership Training Series. In this six week series you will dig deeper into the leadership materials to discover more about yourself and just how you can really make a difference in your community. Suggested donation of $60.
Action Nights – This year these will be pop-up style as the situation arises, so make sure you are on our email list and our Facebook page!
- Does injustice bother you?
- Are you angry? What about?
- Why aren’t more people as upset as you are about this?
- Do you want to do something about this?
- What do you need to make a major impact?
- What’s getting in the way of taking action?
- How do you feel about Power?
- What do powerful people do?
- Is JONAH a powerful organization?
For more information, please contact email@example.com