Chippewa Valley 2023
Resources to help you help our native pollinators:
- Plant a bee lawn.
- Plant a variety of flowers native to your area that bloom across the spring, summer, and fall.
- Create a healthy habitat that attracts pollinators using this online tool to complete a habitat assessment.
- Provide native pollinator nesting sites.
- Stop or Reduce the use of pesticides.
- Take steps to save Wisconsin’s pollinators.
- Celebrate Wisconsin Pollinator Week June 19-25.
- Talk to your friends and family about pollinators and how to help them!
Native Pollinator Books:
- Protecting Pollinators: How to Save the Creatures that Feed Our World, Jodi Helmer
- Pollinators of Native Plants: Attract, Observe and Identify Pollinators and Beneficial Insects with Native Plants, Heather N. Holm
- Pollinators and Pollination: Nature and Society Paperback, Jeff Ollerton
- Pollination: The Enduring Relationship Between Plant and Pollinator, Timothy Walker
- Know Your Pollinators: 40 Common Pollinating Insects including Bees, Wasps, Flower Flies, Butterflies, Moths, & Beetles, with Appearance, Behavior, & How to Attract Them to Your Garden, Tim Harris
Who We Are: Chippewa Valley Pollinator Partnership is a collaboration of many organizations within Eau Claire and beyond working to support our pollinators, including JONAH, Beaver Creek Reserve, the CV Sierra Club, EC Master Gardeners, the EC Garden Club, EC County Sustainability Coordinator, EC City Sustainability Advisory Board, Wisconsin Natural Resources Conservation Service Pollinator Liaison, the National Pollinator Partnership, and others.