I want to volunteer and make a difference!
There are so many ways to support the work of JONAH – at ANYTINE. You can join a task force, help with the operational functions of our organization, do short term specific volunteer tasks, or take action through our action alerts. To find where you fit – contact our Organizer, Lynn Buske at [email protected]
Whatever you have is exactly what we need! We just don’t always know what that is yet! Here are some ways, other than task force involvement (they need folks with lived experience and folks with energy), you can support JONAH.
- Show up! Sign up for our email list and show up to our events. This helps you be informed and share information with others.
- People to help organize JONAH events – whether it be planning, cooking/baking, set up, clean up, decorating, music – we need it all.
- Canvassers – we canvass in pairs, provide training, and only listen to residents and build relationship (we don’t take partisan stances or share religious beliefs).
- Make calls to our members about events.
- Hang up flyers for our events around town.
- Join our fun fundraising team!
- People willing to speak to legislators (we provide the talking points)
- People to connect with other JONAH members and build community.
- Take our Leadership Training!
- Help find business sponsors and/or find/write grants.
- Data entry
- Connect with employers in the area
- Occasional volunteer childcare.
- We believe in Shared Leadership and often rotate our board and officers. Consider mentoring to eventually become a key leader in JONAH!
Justice Stories Are Compelling!
Have you experienced the consequences of social injustice? Your story can change minds and lives. We need yours! JONAH shares these stories in our work to unite people. All stories matter, and we want to hear from you. Anonymity is optional. If you want to sit down with someone to hear your story, contact our organizer, Lynn Buske at [email protected]