by Amy Kalmon, Environmental Task Force Member
JONAH’s Environmental Task Force will be recognized on February 16 by the City of Eau Claire Sustainable Advisory Committee with a Sustainable Eau Claire Award. This award recognizes Jonah’s efforts to create awareness in reducing plastics, waste reduction, composting, and recycling.
The Sustainable Eau Claire Awards recognize individuals, businesses, and organizations that are committed to creating a more sustainable Eau Claire. These awards are also meant to encourage all residents, businesses, community groups, and non-profits to implement similar sustainable actions.
The ETF continues to look for opportunities to coordinate with governmental representatives, local citizens, and organizations to reduce the use of single use plastics; promote pesticide-free lawn care and pollinator gardens; and promote community composting.
JONAH’s ETF joins the following 2022 Award Winners:
- Steve & Ellen Terwilliger, Teaching others sustainable living, Environmental Education
- Safe & Simple Organic Lawns, Organic lawn care business, Green Products or Practices
- VER Salon, Sustainable hair care services, Green Products or Practices
- Nicole’s Downtown Salon & Spa, Sustainable hair care services, Green Products or Practices
- No Boundaries Tiny Homes Upcycling materials for tiny homes, Green Products or Practices
- Eau Claire Area Master Gardeners, Restoring land with native plants, Exceptional Natural Resources Steward