I’m a recently retired massage therapist and former respiratory therapist and I was looking for new ways to serve my community. I’m married to my husband Tim, going on 34 years together and we have a fur baby Oscar who keeps us young and lights us up every day.
- What is your favorite thing about JONAH? Meeting like minded people who are action oriented and passionate about everything I am.
- How did you get involved? Our church, ULC has been reading many books on social justice and decided to join Jonah to find opportunities to take action.
- What have you all been involved in? I’ve gone to several task force meetings; social justice, environmental and handed out “No Mow May” signs. Attended 3 monthly meetings and civil discourse and board meetings.
- Why do you stay involved? I am passionate about saving our environment and learning ways to communicate effectively with those who may not share my opinions.
- What are you looking forward to? I am looking forward to transforming our yard into a national park and Douglas Tallmay’s presentation.
- What are your Hobbies/Activities? Walking my dog Oscar, playing MahJong with friends, enjoying nature, birdwatching
What local business do you like to support? I have supported Evolving Wellness (EW), a local non-profit that advocates, educates, and provides health and wellness for community members to: Become Well… Be Well… Stay Well… They have a mind, body, and spirit approach to encourage proactive wellness, education, and provide health services for individuals in our community. We have multiple programs: Safe Haven Teen Center, the Spectrum program as well as Wellness Devices (PEMF & Alpha-stim).